Barn conversion planning

The two most common routes to achieving consent for a barn conversion are as follows: through a full planning application which includes the change of use and any physical extensions or alterations, or through using permitted development rights laid out by Class Q of The Town and Country Planning Order. Class Q barn conversions are far more restrictive in nature and must adhere to certain conditions and limitations set out in the regulations. We can provide planning advice on the most appropriate type of application for your barn conversion.

In some cases, it may be appropriate to apply for a barn conversion via Class Q and then use the consent as a stepping stone to achieving full planning permission for either a slightly different conversion scheme or for new build dwelling. Atticus Planning can provide the best development strategy to suit your individual needs.

Atticus Planning


Why choose us for your barn conversion planning project?

Atticus Planning are friendly and progressive town planning consultants with a proven track record in securing results.

Whether you’re just looking for some initial advice regarding a barn conversion, or need a planning specialist for your project right away, we’re here to help.

Contact us today

Get in touch with the Atticus team today by filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.