Householder planning applications

Permission is most commonly achieved via a full planning application but can also be gained through using permitted development rights for a change of use.

We can also add value to householder planning applications for house extensions, alterations and other external modifications, as well as domestic outbuildings, irrespective of their style or scale. It may be that some or all of the work can be done as permitted development and we can advise you if this is the case.

Atticus Planning


Why choose us for your householder planning application?

Atticus Planning is a friendly and progressive town planning consultancy with a proven track record in securing results.

Whether you’re just looking for some initial advice about obtaining householder planning permission, or need a planning specialist for your project right away, we’re here to help.

Contact us today

Get in touch with the Atticus team today by filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What are householder planning applications?

    Where works are proposed to a single dwelling and/or to any land within its curtilage and the works require planning permission, a householder planning application must be submitted.

    What is a Section 73 application?

    Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 allows applications to be made for permission to develop without complying with a condition(s) previously imposed on planning permission. It allows you to make minor material amendments to your planning permission by changing or removing planning conditions that are attached to it. The most common type of Section 73 application is where applicants want to make minor design changes to development following the grant of planning permission.

    What is a householder application form?

    A householder planning application form is the form you must fill out when applying for householder planning permission for works to your home and/or to land within its curtilage.

    What is included in a full planning application?

    This is the most common type of planning application. The full details of a development proposal are submitted for consideration, including detailed drawings showing the site and the work you plan to do. In addition to the drawings, you may need other documents, but this depends on the scale and nature of the proposal. All local planning authorities usually publish a list on their website which sets out what records you must provide based on the proposed application type and development. However, if in doubt, it is advisable to contact a local planning consultant who should be able to advise.